Full Marathon (FM) Training Plan
Congratulations ! You are reading this means that you already in love with runnig. All, we can say is this - You are AWESOME.
FM is the pinnacle/niravan for all runners. Considered as one of the toughest sport in the world, participating and running a HM is considered to be one of the ultimate glory for any sports or fitness enthusiasts. Our plans are tailored based on where you stand today. Choose the option that is closest to your objective for running the FM.
Some key terms used in the plan that you should know about:
1) Rest : Rest means just what it is Rest. It means doing nothing in particular and going through your usual day routine. Rest is very critical yet often ignored part of training plan. Rest allows your muscle to recover and every time that happens your muscles get stronger.
2) Run :Run means business. It means you are on the move, putting one step after another. The thumb rule about the running pace is that you should run a 'conversational pace'; which means you should be able to talk while running.
3) Run/Walk :This means you can do a mix of running and walking. Ideally, you run till you are tired and then switch to walking. Repeat this routine again.
4) Walk : Well, this is easy. It means you have to walk.
5) Cross : Cross means cross training. It is any aerobic activity other than running. It can be cycling, swiming, session in the gym etc. This is to give your muscle a different form of movement and break the potential boredom.
6) Strength :Strenght means strenght training. It means exercises designed to improve the flexibility and strenght of your key muscles. It could be acitivites like push-ups, pull-ups, planks, squats and any other form of Plyometric exercise. This clearly does not mean pumping irons in the gym.
7) Tempo Runs:A continuous run with an easy beginning, a buildup in the middle to near 10-K race pace, then ease back and cruise to the finish. A typical tempo run would begin with 5-10 minutes easy running, continue with 10-15 faster running, and finish with 5-10 minutes cooling down. You can't figure out your pace on a watch doing this workout; you need to listen to your body. Tempo runs are very useful for developing anaerobic threshold, essential for fast 5-K racing
Choose the option that is closest to your objective for running the FM
|1||Rest||5K run||5K run||5K run||Rest||9.5K run||Cross|
|2||Rest||5K run||5K run||5K run||Rest||11K run||Cross|
|3||Rest||5K run||6.5K run||5K run||Rest||8K run||Cross|
|4||Rest||5K run||6.5K run||5K run||Rest||14.5K run||Cross|
|5||Rest||5K run||8K run||5K run||Rest||16K run||Cross|
|6||Rest||5K run||8K run||5K run||Rest||11K run||Cross|
|7||Rest||5K run||9.5K run||5K run||Rest||19K run||Cross|
|8||Rest||5K run||9.5K run||5K run||Rest||Rest||Half Marathon|
|9||Rest||5K run||11K run||6.5K run||Rest||16K run||Cross|
|10||Rest||5K run||11K run||6.5K run||Rest||24K run||Cross|
|11||Rest||6.5K run||13K||6.5K run||Rest||25.5K run||Cross|
|12||Rest||6.5K run||13K||8K run||Rest||19K run||Cross|
|13||Rest||6.5K run||14.5K||8K run||Rest||28K run||Cross|
|14||Rest||8K run||14.5K||8K run||Rest||22K run||Cross|
|15||Rest||8K run||16K run||8K run||Rest||32K run||Cross|
|16||Rest||8K run||13K||6.5K run||Rest||19K run||Cross|
|17||Rest||6.5K run||9.5K run||5K run||Rest||13K run||Cross|
|18||Rest||5K run||6.5K run||3K run||Rest||Rest||Marathon|
|1||Cross||5K run||8K run||5K run||Rest||8K pace||13K run|
|2||Cross||5K run||8K run||5K run||Rest||8K run||14.5K|
|3||Cross||5K run||8K run||5K run||Rest||8K pace||9.5K run|
|4||Cross||5K run||9.5K run||5K run||Rest||9.5K pace||17.5K run|
|5||Cross||5K run||9.5K run||5K run||Rest||9.5K run||19K run|
|6||Cross||5K run||8K run||5K run||Rest||9.5K pace||14.5K run|
|7||Cross||6.5K run||11K run||6.5K run||Rest||11K pace||22K run|
|8||Cross||6.5K run||11K run||6.5K run||Rest||11K run||24K run|
|9||Cross||6.5K run||8K run||6.5K run||Rest||Rest||Half Marathon|
|10||Cross||6.5K run||13K run||6.5K run||Rest||13K pace||27K run|
|11||Cross||8K run||13K run||8K run||Rest||13K run||28K run|
|12||Cross||8K run||8K run||8K run||Rest||13K pace||21K run|
|13||Cross||8K run||13K run||8K run||Rest||8K pace||32K run|
|14||Cross||8K run||8K run||8K run||Rest||13K run||19K run|
|15||Cross||8K run||13K||8K run||Rest||8K pace||32K run|
|16||Cross||8K run||9.5K run||8K run||Rest||6.5K pace||19K run|
|17||Cross||6.5K run||8K run||6.5K run||Rest||5K run||13K run|
|18||Cross||5K run||6.5K run||Rest||Rest||3K run||Marathon|